The Practice offers professional and personalized services. Dr Susette Sowden provides evidence-based, best practice assessment and treatment for a range of mental health concerns and diagnosed psychological disorders. Dr Sowden works with adults, children, parents, and families.
Assessment and treatment of mental health issues and clinical disorders including:
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder with or without Agoraphobia
- Depression including postnatal depression
- Alcohol use/dependence
- Drug use/dependence
- Sleep Disorders and sleep problems
- Pain Disorders/pain management
- Sexual Disorders and dysfunctions
- Eating Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Relationship difficulties
- Personal issues
Assessments include the use of sophisticated psychological instruments regarding clinical and personality dimensions.
- Criminal matters such as sentencing reports
- Sex offender assessments
- Risk of violence assessments
- Parenting capacity assessments
- Victims of crime compensation assessments
- Worker’s compensation assessments
- Personal injury assessments
- Family law assessments
- Motor vehicle accident injury assessments
Assessment and treatment:
Treatment for individuals who have been injured as a result of crime, and motor vehicle and work place injuries.
Treatment for offenders of crime such as sex offenders and/or internet users of child pornography.
Expert witness in Courts dealing with: child protection issues; family law issues; criminal matters; compensation matters; and industrial relation matters.
EDUCATIONAL & DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY
Assessment and treatment for children, adolescents and adults:
- Specific Learning Disorders
- Gifted and talented students
- Intellectual ability and educational achievement
- Memory and learning
- Executive functioning
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Behavioural difficulties: Oppositional Defiant and Conduct Disorders
- Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorders
- Career guidance
Dr Susette Sowden is an experienced Supervisor for intern psychologists wishing to become registered psychologists and for psychologists working towards College membership in the areas of Clinical Psychology, Forensic Psychology, and Educational & Developmental Psychology.
Contact us today for more information on how we can help you.